Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Receiving A "Bubbly Blessing"

After I finished my day at the after-school program late this afternoon I went to get myself a cold drink. 

Some people have to have their coffee. I have to have my diet Dr. Pepper. I usually have an ample supply of my favorite soft drink at home but this week I'm out. So I've been feeding my habit by going to the Mickey D's in "the Grove" once a day. 

As I made my way through the drive-thru I got to the window to pay. That's when I was told that the car ahead of me paid for my order.

The cashier gave me a note on yellow paper. It read "thank you for all you do for my daughter and all the other children." The note was from the mother of one of the children I teach at church who is also part of the program at the school where I work. 

It may seem like a simple kind gesture but it meant a lot to me. Being appreciated for doing what I really love to do (working with kids) is very rewarding and encouraging. 

Thanks Leslie. It is an honor to be part of your child's life.I appreciate the "bubbly blessing" that you gave me today. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you could enjoy your "bubbly blessing " on me. You are loved my many.