Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Aria's 2nd Birthday Party: Part 1

As I mentioned yesterday, Sunday was one of the best days of this year so far. It was Aria's 2nd birthday party. 

The theme for this year was "the carnival." It was based on one of my granddaughter's favorite episodes of the "Sophia The First" program on the Disney channel. 

Upon entering the party, each guest was encourage to take a "clown nose" and wear it to set the mood. 



My daughter-in-law, Brandi, and her cousin, Jackie, did an excellent job in creating a carnival atmosphere. 



There were lots of treats and goodies: cupcakes, jelly beans, popcorn, cotton candy, and lollipops, to thank all the guests for coming. As you can see the center piece of the main table was the amazing cake made by Jackie. 

I published a close up of the cake with my last post but here's the birthday girl with her cake before she blew out the candles.



The main food menu included: hot dogs and nachos chips with cheese sauce. 

There were carnival games as well. All the kids loved the sack race (they ran about 6 of them) and Aria's favorite was the duck game. 



In true carnival fashion each child got to take home a gold fish in a bowl.  

There were also lots of gifts.

The birthday girl had a great time opening all of them. She was especially thrilled with her "cat" from us (she picked it out herself during our trip to Toys R Us on Saturday) and the special hand made gift from Jackie. 




As I've already shown you this party was a lot of fun. But I haven't even mentioned my contribution to the afternoon. It was the most fun I've had at a party in a long time. 

I've been hinting at just what my role for this party was going to be. But haven't posted about it yet. 

By now some of you have already seen the pictures and even maybe even an edited video on Facebook. But tomorrow, in "part 2" of this post series, I'm going to give you the rest of the story.   

No comments: