Sunday, April 27, 2014

My Online Future


I'm almost at the end of my first week of being on Twitter. So far I haven't really found it to be much different than Facebook. Oh, I know it is but I've yet to discover the advantages of the Twitter. 

The creation of the @RHFactors909, as I stated when I announced it, is a way of putting my toes into the waters of the online community beyond Facebook. I want to see what it's like.  

As of today, I have joined Instagram my user name is RHFactors909 on that as well. Will need to discover how to use this social media platform as well.  

I know I'm at the beginning of a huge learning curve. I want to have a larger personal and professional footprint online. But I'm going to have to do it step by step. 

I'm also thinking about starting a podcast. I was initially thinking about a shortened version of my Ron Havens Rewind program but the issue with rights to the music I would wnat to play would be a problem. 

So I may just do a podcast where I discuss things that interest me for a few minutes. I'll just have to see what happens with that. 

Because my friend, Mark, took some good video of the Children's sermon I did at church this morning I finally have at least one video to post on my You Tube channel once I create it. I'm going to make more over the next couple of weeks.

So as you have read I am all over the place with expanding my online presence. I will have to try and focus and set out on a specific path with a purpose as time goes on. 

But for now, I am absolutely sure that being more available on the internet is a part of the actions that will lead me to where I want to go.   

Finally, I must address the "elephant in the room" in regard to this blog. I know I have now missed 3 days of posting this year already. That still doesn't mean that I will do my best to post 365 times this year. Since I'll set a personal one-year posting record sometime in June (Published 170 times in 2009) anything over that number is a new single year standard anyway. 

I just might post twice on some days in the future to try and catch up. But I'll do that only if I really have something to write about. 

Right now I have some social media sights to learn and others to create. Being, up to speed with technology is a lot of work. I want my record player and transistor radio back. :)



No comments: