Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Birthday Tradition Goes On

The theme for this week, the celebration of my granddaughter's 2nd birthday, continues today. It's "Throwback Thursday" on social media (how did that get started anyway?) so I'm going with the trend.

Today is the "anniversary" of the day that my granddaughter, Aria, was born. So today is "officially" her birthday. 

When it comes to family members (at least those who live here in Kentucky) I have a personal belief that everyone must have cake on their actual birthday. 

I don't think I've missed keeping this tradition except for maybe once or twice over the years I've lived here.

Today I took Aria a chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting from a local bakery.   

But with Aria I have a birthday tradition that's exclusively between us. 

It was 2 years ago today that the picture below was taken. Aria was only hours old when she had her picture taken with her "Papa" for the first time.

I don't have any pictures of me with any of my grandparents. So this initial picture with my newborn grand baby is very special to me. 


April 17, 2012: The Day Aria Was Born
A year later, the "birthday picture with Papa" tradition was "officially" launched. This April 17, 2013 picture was taken on the day Aria turned 1. It is one of my favorites from her first year. 



Today in the seating area of the Stakz frozen yogurt shop a 3rd picture with my granddaughter on her birthday was added to my treasured collection. 




We had a good time eating frozen yogurt time together. 

I will add this year's birthday picture to my collection. I'm looking forward to many more birthday pictures. But at the same time I don't want the time to go so fast. 

Later in the day Paula had the chance to spend some time with the birthday girl too; when we had dinner with Aria, James and Brandi at Logan's Steak House. 



Happy 2nd Birthday Aria Nicole. You started out as my "little peanut" but have grown into my "pretty princess". Your Papa loves you with all his heart and soul. I always will. 

No comments: