Saturday, March 29, 2014

Seeing Slinkys

Last fall I introduced my granddaughter, Aria, to one of the most enduring toys ever invented, a Slinky. 

In early November of last year I gave her a Slinky Jr, the smaller version. She loved it. I gave her the full size model and she played with that too. 

Knowing that she likes the Slinky so much I got a joke version of the coil spring toy. When she came to visit I sprung it on her. 



Surprisingly she didn't like me in these joke spring glasses. In fact she wanted nothing to do me when I had them on. 

Fearing I scared her I decided to convince her to try them on. It took some doing but she finally did put them on. 



She looked so funny in them but only kept them on for a minute or two. 

I bought them for her to play with. So in hope that she may want to get silly with them again sometime, I kept them in the box with her other toys. 

Today, Aria Nicole came to visit us. We brought out the toy box with the springy specks in it. 

As usual she proceeded to get each and every toy out and play with it for a few minutes. She got out the glasses and briefly considered putting them on. Finally she decided she didn't want to and tossed them aside. 

In a moment of quick thinking I decided to try one last way of getting Aria to smile at the glasses. Here's how I did it. 



Seeing Angel like this made Aria smile. In fact she wanted the dog to keep them on. Angel, on the other hand disagreed. 

Still, now I know that the next time Aria gets the joke glasses out of her toy box she'll want to see Angle put them on. I'm sure we can manage that for just a few seconds. 

No comments: