Friday, March 7, 2014

Add Injury To Insult

I've already written about the offensive behavior of the couple in front of us at the Brad Paisley concert a couple of Saturdays ago (February 25 post). Their total lack of consideration for me and others around me was an insult. Well, you can now add to that insult, an injury. 

Since that night at Bridgestone arena my left knee has been hurting a lot. At times its just minor pain but when I walk or stand a lot it gets extreme. It's been 11 days and my knee pain is still a real problem. 

Went to see my orthopedist today. I was examined by Dr. Birch not Dr. Patton, who did my surgery back in September. Dr. Birch told me that I aggravated my already deteriorating knee by keeping it flexed at such a drastic angle that night in Nashville.

He also told me that it will take a while to heal. I got an injection of an anti-inflammatory drug to help speed up the process.   

Once again an orthopedic doctor told me that my knee is "a lot older" than I am and that a knee replacement is inevitable.

Based on the degree and frequency of the amount of pain I've had over the last year I figure I'll probably have to have my left knee replaced sometime in the next 5 years. 

Putting it off as long as I can is why I'm trying to lose weight and plan on riding my bike a lot more often this summer. 

But for now the most recent occurrence of acute pain (hope I'm using that term in the correct context) in my left knee is a direct result of the stress I put on it while attending the Brad Paisley concert. 

That was a night that will be long remembered for many reasons. You can add the knee pain I'm having now to that list as well.   



No comments: