Friday, January 24, 2014

Winter Does Some Damage

Last Monday the temperature in South Central Kentucky was around 55 degrees. It was a beautiful and relatively warm winter's day. It was perfect for getting out my grill and cook steaks for dinner. 

However the next day a winter storm came through early in the morning with some minor snow accumulation, temperatures falling into the teens, and wind gusts up to 30 MPH. 

I made the mistake of not cleaning the grill, covering it up, and putting against the house on the carport after using it the night before. 

Sitting out in the open, the grill, literally, fell victim to the high winds swirling through the area. It was blown off the back of the carport up against the backyard fence. 

When I found it, the parts of the grill were all askew and I had to be put back together. At first I thought it was no worse for the wear but I was wrong. 

Winter left its mark on the side of the stainless steel hood. 

The lid still opens and closes with no problem. So I'm not going to go through the trouble of taking the hood off and pounding out the dent. 

From now on I will be sure not to forget that it's winter and how quick the weather can turn. If I do, winter may just decide to leave me another reminder. Lesson learned.    

No comments: