Sunday, January 5, 2014

Lego Update: Part 1

It's been a while since I've mentioned anything on this blog about my hobby of building Lego kits. 

I have updated my Lego picture album on my Facebook page several times but haven't written an update here on RHFactors. 

So here's some of what happened in my personal "Lego Land" over the few months.


Birthday Surprise
As I mentioned at the end of my September 27, 2013 post about my birthday gifts, James and Brandi promised to give me my birthday gift when they were finished making it.  

Here is what they gave me:





It's a giant wooden box shaped like a 4x2 Lego block. Painted inside is the year and Aria's hand prints. A very unique gift. I now have a very special place to store my Lego kits. 

In between my birthday and Thanksgiving I put together several kits, completed my collection of Series 11 mini-figures (see October 25, 2013 post) and started building my Volkswagen Camper van. I'll have more on that in "part 2" of my Lego Update tomorrow. 

By the time Christmas came around I was ready to build my enhanced Lego Christmas display. With red and green bricks I collected over the course of the year and a couple of holiday themed bubble packs I created my display for this year. 





I was very pleased with and proud of my creation. I couldn't wait for my family and friends to see as they visited during the holidays. But they never got to see this version.  
One night while bending down to pick up one of the "gifts" I had knocked from the display I accidentally leaned on the shelf and caused a disaster. 



A bit discouraged, at first, I wasn't going to rebuild it. But after getting a 4th elf mini-figure as a Christmas gift from some kids at church I decided to rebuild. Here's the 2.0 version. 


This brings me to my most current Lego accomplishments including buying some new Mini-figures and the completion of a new Technics kit. 

I'll have more on those things in tomorrow's post.






No comments: