Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A VBS Debut

Yesterday Vacation Bible School for 2008 began at my church. A tropical vacation to a place called "Outriggers Island" is the theme. I am happy to be able to announce that Cecil, the Axtel turtle puppet I bought in April, made his debut during the Bible lesson on Monday.

I started his performance by having him peek out from his shell a couple of times. The children giggled and pointed drawing my attention to his behavior.

I used Cecil to ask the children review questions about our lesson. They eagerly answered him. Soon they were asking him questions. Even though none of them had to do with the lesson their curiosity showed their "buy in" to the puppet as a character.

I am going to use Cecil and perhaps Eugene, the owl I also bought in April, during this week to help entertain and teach the children. I must admit although I am only using him in my small classroom the children's reactions to Cecil gives me a concert hall full of confidence.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a cute turtle!