Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Guidelines for Comments & Email

Although I have been doing a lot of writing on this blog I am still relatively new to how blogs work. When I originally created this blog I did it by taking educated guesses about its set up. Blog Spot has a pretty good “help center” that I used to get things the way I wanted them to be but things were exactly right.

On April 28 I posted an entry that asked everyone to “please leave a message” if they read something they liked or wanted to add to a post. Since that post only 1 comment has been posted on any of my entries. That comment was from my future daughter-in-law who, compared to me, is a Blogging expert. Somehow she figured out how to post a comment.

In my May 30 post I mentioned that I was feeling a bit better about my blog because people were telling me that they were reading it; but they could not leave a comment.

Well after looking around at the settings on my blog I have cleared the way for this blog to become an avenue of communication between my readers and me.

Starting today if you want to leave a comment just click on the link at the end of the post that shows the number of comments already posted. This will take you to a page where you can enter a comment in the area on the right side. All comments already entered will show on the left. You can type your comment and then go down the right side of the page and click on the “Name/URL” button. You simply enter your name in place provided (don’t worry about filling in the “URL” part its optional). If you want to there’s even a space where you can email your comments directly to me. Once you’re finished with your comment and name you can click “Publish your comment” tab at the bottom to add it to the post. Eureka! You’ve added a comment.

Also if you want to email me something other than your comment you can do that by going back to the main blog page and clicking on “view my complete profile” link. It’s on the left under my picture. Once you’re in the profile you’ll see a “Contact” section with a link to my email address. Click on “email” and automatically a template with my email address should pop up.

There you have what should I hope is a clear explanation about how to leave a comment about or email me regarding any past or future posts.

I’m excited because I am looking forward to this blog being catalyst for correspondence and dialogue between my family and friends. So bring on the comments. God Bless.

No comments: