Thursday, June 26, 2008

Back To The Land of The Living

I woke up this morning with my back feeling better than it has in a couple of weeks. I decided that since I was off my medication for 24 hours and feeling a little more human than zombie I’d try to go to town and get some errands done. I had a list of things I wanted to and I got them all done.

First I mailed 4 boxes of stuff to James in Iraq. He wanted some things from GNC to help him with his weight training. He also has a new pair of sneakers sent here so we packed them and sent them too.

I also paid our house insurance, bought some tassels at a fabric store (I’m using them as part of a craft when I teach Children’s Church this Sunday), made a bank withdrawal and deposit, and went birthday shopping for my wife’s birthday.

Now that last one may not seem like a big deal but anyone who is married knows that it is. Of course my wife doesn’t seem to make a big deal out her birthday although she has a right to.

Now I have only been married 5 years but I really have difficulty thinking of gifts to get her. She really doesn’t ask for much. Last weekend I thought of a gift that she has never asked for but might like. I can’t tell you what it is now but I will come next week after I give it to her. I had to do a lot of walking around while I was shopping for her gift. It really wore me out. I am going to have to do something about my limited ability to be physically active. But that’s another post for another day.

Of course while I was in town, I had to go spend an hour or so talking with my friend Brent. We always talk about thing that have to do with being a Christian, the Bible, today’s culture, and politics. We really enjoy our conversations and the time usually gets away from us.

After I returned from town I went to church to practice with our musical praise team. We spend an hour each week singing together and getting ready for Sunday’s service. I was very tired and didn’t feel much like practicing. I like going though because my wife goes with me and she enjoys it.

Back at home I did some household chores like take out the trash, feed the dogs, clean up after the cat and that sort of thing. With my wife in bed trying to catch up on some sleep she lost last week I’m just sitting here writing this post. The kingdom is quiet.

I am thankful that my back is better. I can still feel the effects of the medication and probably will for the next few days. I don’t like having to take the pills that make me sleep most of the day and then make me feel like a zombie when I am awake. I’m going to have to start getting my back stronger. But like I said that’s another post for another day. For now it’s great to be back in the land of the living again.

No comments: