Wednesday, February 5, 2014

My Least Favorite Lego

Although you can't really tell it by the amount of them in my collection, but I am rather selective when it comes to buying Lego kits to build. I only buy a model if I like the way it looks or I think there's something unique about it. 

My latest build is something I thought would be cool and fun once it was completed but I was wrong. 

The Technics hovercraft/plane kit looked like it was really cool because it had moving parts. Last month I built the plane and I just completed the hovercraft and I didn't like either of them. 

I can't think of any other models that I've built that I didn't care for. The cost of Lego kits are too high to buy one that I'm not excited about having in my collection. 

I bought the hovercraft as my 2nd kit under the Technics brand of Legos. The first one was the tow truck. 

I was told by the clerk at the Lego store that the hovercraft was the next step up in the Technics line. Both models were relatively easy to put together but I just don't like they way they look.  



Their design is just so messy and disconcerting to me. 

Anyway, when it comes to kits that allows you build more than one model I usually build the one I like the most last. Then I can store assembled. That way I can get it out and display it whenever I want. However in this case I just disassembled the hovercraft. 

I will put it aside and may try putting it together again sometime in the future. Or maybe I'll just give it away to someone. Either way, I'm very disappointed with this Lego hovercraft. 

I've been having a bit of bad luck with Legos lately. My VW self-destructed and a model that did stay together I took apart. 

For now I'm going to try and cheer myself by moving on to my next kit. It's the kind I've built more of than any other Lego model...a robot. 


It's promises to be just as much fun as the others...except for the hovercraft, of course.








No comments: