Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Being Whimsical: Part 3

I'm gonna close out the month of February with the final entry in my current series. This post is going to include a place and a person that  have and continue to motivate me to be "silly". And now you are going to see the evidence. 

The place I've been to that has presented the most opportunities to take whimsical pictures is my favorite vacation spot, Walt Disney World. Here are some pictures of me hanging with and being Goofy. 

In the Magic Kingdom I may have been a guest in the park but I was trying to be "Master of the Realm". No such luck. Where's King Arthur when you need him?

Taking stock of my priorities in Liberty Square.

Although WDW is a happy place, when I encountered Bruce the Shark, I was a little down in the mouth.

This next picture is a selfie based on a portion of a Jim Gaffigan comedy routine. He talks about his family vacation to Disney. He laments about waiting for the Dumbo ride. Listen to this segment of his show and you'll see what I mean: Gaffigan Goes To Disney

In September 2016 I took this shot with an expression inspired by those words. 

I did mention "Goofy" earlier so let's get to the pics that show that side of me. 

Here's a throw back to my last post. A selfie taken on our trip last March. It's one of the few shots of me in a hat that I actually like. 
I would have bought this hat as a souvenir but when I mentioned it to my wife, she gave me this look. 
  
On my birthday trip, last September, I got my picture taken with my favorite Disney character again. And he was so much fun, just being himself. 
This last WDW picture was taken outside of "The Seas With Nemo & Friends" in EPCOT about a year ago. A Disney photographer urged us to do our best "fish". Of course we did really did it for Aria.  

Speaking of Aria, a lot of my whimsical moments over the last 5 years have been "acting a fool" both in public and privately to get the attention, entertain, and have fun with my granddaughter. Here are a few pictures to show some of the things I've done to get the heart warming response, "Silly Papa."

Let's start with a couple of pictures taken while I was visiting Aria at her house in Richardsville. 
Here me and my favorite toddler "talk" to each other on the old school cell phones I made out of her blocks. 

Here she photo bombs me a bit as I take a selfie with her pet rabbit, Clover, the day after her 3rd birthday.  
Later in the summer of 2015 we cooled down by running around the fountain in Circus Park in Bowling Green. She smiles as I get a very "surprising" up-the-back splash. 

Why am I wearing these slinky glasses? 
To get my 2 year old copy cat to do the same. 

The most recent whimsical shot is another photo bomb. This time I'm not Papa with a pet. I'm "Tape Face."


Aria's 2nd birthday party had a country fair theme. Since I had entertained a bit at the party the year before, I thought I'd turn it up a notch for this one. I dressed as a carnival barker and played my ukulele. This is me at my "silly Papa" best. 
I shared that picture earlier in this series. But the picture I really want to show you captures the reason I went to such extremes. Notice the look I'm getting from the birthday girl. 
 That her stare of fascination was worth it all. 

Now that my favorite "audience of one" is turning 5 soon, our silliness is getting to be more a "party of two". She participates more and more and I love it. I'm not sure who has the bigger imagination. But she always seems to buy into whatever I come up with. 

I want to wrap up this series with one last picture of Aria and me with a couple of her friends that "live" at my house. I can't tell you how delighted I am that she loves these guys. 
Cecil the Turtle and Tick Tock Crock are now an important part of play at our house. I will do my best to keep them around for as long as I can. Everyone knows kids grow up so quickly that their world changes very fast. So she may not be amused by them for much longer but that's okay we'll find other ways to have fun. 

So there you have my 3 part series filled with whimsical pictures. This post finishes off the month of February. I will always remember it as the month I made my 50k views goal.
Congratulations, again to Pam, the winner of my prize pack. 

 The 14 posts for this month keeps me well on pace to reach 1000 total posts before the end of the year. 

Thank you for coming back again and again. I have lofty ambitions for what I want to do in the future. Not just on this blog but other social media and entertainment platforms. I can't do it with out you so I appreciate your continued interest.  

Next post another Latest In Lego. I've been busy bricking it up lately. I know, I know, now you're going to have trouble sleeping. 

God Bless














No comments: