Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"Totally" Committed


I was very disappointed and somewhat angry after discovering yesterday that the new public indoor pool built by our county school district isn't all that accessible or friendly to the public. I was looking forward to swimming again on a regular basis. But it won't be there.

However my that pool was not my only aquatic option. There is a gym called "Total Fitness Connection" on the other side of town (the town about 25 miles away not my little quiet hometown by the way). It has a pool, exercise equipment, weight machines, and free weights.

I went there today to investigate the facilities, especially the pool. I liked what I saw. When I found out that I got a $15 monthly discount and a $150 enrollment fee discount because of where I work I liked it even more. I signed up for a year.

In addition to exercising and swimming, the center has a physical therapy department that will give me a free consultation. I can have an evaluation by a therapist to help me with the tightness I've been having in my right hip. That's another advantage of becoming a member.

So now I'm committed to walking my dogs for a mile every day and to going to the gym and swimming or working out at least 3 days a week for about an hour or so.

It's going to take some effort and planning to get into my new habit; but if my wife can do it so can I. So while I haven't actually accomplished much of anything in regard to taking my exercise to a new level, yet. But in my heart and mind I am now "Totally Committed".

No comments: