Thursday, August 27, 2009

Another Wedding In October

A lot has happened in my life over the last year. My new job; our son James coming home from Iraq, buying a house, and moving out; both my wife and I having had gastric by pass surgery are just 3 of the major events. This year has been a lot different than last year.

Yet part of it is exactly the same. On September 7, 2008 I wrote a post about getting ready for some big events for my family in the month of October. Two of those same type events are happening the first weekend of this October.

On October 3 my son, James and his fiancée, Brandi, are getting married. My family from Pennsylvania is coming down for the wedding as part of their vacation; just like last year.

The family will be arriving on Wednesday to visit us here in our little town for a couple of days. Then we travel as a group on Friday to Gatlinburg, Tennessee for the wedding on Saturday. We will be spending Friday night and all day Saturday together in a 24 person cabin in the Smokey Mountains.

This is all very exciting and has been something I’ve looked forward to for most of the year. However it wasn’t until the other night when Paula and I were discussing the plans for the wedding weekend that I realized we only have 5 weeks to go.

While Paula’s going to be helping Brandi with all the wedding plans as well as the small reception afterward. I am going to be in charge of making sure things go smoothly with my PA family. I’ll be doing my best to see that they enjoy their visit with us here at home and at the cabin in Gatlinburg.

I’ll write more about the event as it gets closer and after it happens. For now I must make the most of the time I have to prepare for these events.

Here at home it means sprucing up each and every room of the house so it’s presentable to company. I know my family will say that I don’t have to fuss for them but there are things I’ve been putting off doing that need to be done before they arrive. This includes reorganizing and rearranging things in several rooms.

I only have about 10 days off of work (2 each week for the next 5 weeks) to get this done so it looks as though, just like last year, I’ll be suspending my Rewind restoration project. Those afternoon hours on my days off can be better spent doing things around the house.

So it looks like the next 5 weeks are going to be very busy for both Paula and me as its déjà vu all over again with a wedding and a family visit. I can’t wait until the first weekend of October.

No comments: