Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Melodica


For years now I have wanted to learn how to play an instrument. Well actually, I already know how to play the harmonica. The one I have doesn't let me play sharp and flat notes. So I am limited on the songs I can play.

I tried to learn the guitar last year but had some difficulty with holding it and with my fingers reaching to play the chords. I decided to learning put it off until later. I really want to learn to play the Ukulele too.

I bought a recorder in October of last year but only picked it up a couple of times and never did learn how to play anything.

While watching some music videos by Julia Nunes, on You Tube ( I recommend you do a search and watch and listen to some of her music) I saw an instrument that I've always been fascinated with. I didn't know the name of it but thought it would be cool to have one. I did a little research on the internet and found out that it's called a "Melodica"

With my birthday coming up in a couple of weeks (2 weeks from tomorrow all you potential gift buyers) I decided that I would get a student model of a melodica. It came today by UPS. I am so pleased with it.

I am excited to start learning how to play worship songs that I can play in church some time in the future. I am also planning on making it part of my ventriloquist show as well. Kind of an entertaining segue between puppets or sketches. Haven't developed anything specific yet but I will.

So now I that I have a melodica I have to decide that I'm going to practice and learn the songs I am so anxious to play. I guess I'd better become committed to practicing my ventriloquism too so I can combine them for my shows.

Please pray for me and my commitment. I'm going to need it.

No comments: