Monday, August 17, 2009

Back To Work

Today is the day I return to my job at ShopNBC. I've been off on a personal leave of absence since July 5.

Over the past 6 weeks my life has changed dramatically. I have been changed physically through surgery. This has resulted in losing over 50 pounds. The change in lifestyle has been significant as well. I have gone from sleeping 8-9 hours a night to between 6 & 7. My diet and eating habits are extremely different and better. I have been more ambitious. Striving to get a list of tasks completed on a daily and or weekly basis. I have started to exercise on a regular basis as well.

All of these changes, along with the spiritual growth God has cultivated in my life through the studying of His word, makes me a different person that the one who left the ShopNBC call center some 45 days ago.

I will do my best to continue in my new lifestyle and mindset once I get back into the pattern that working 2nd shift (3:30 to midnight) requires. I plan on continuing to get up about 7 or 8 am and getting things done around the house before I have to leave for work. In addition there will be trips to the gym to exercise 3 times a week.

I pray that God will help me keep this new attitude of the heart and its accompanying actions foremost in my mind and behavior as I go back to the job He has given to me.

It's going to take some purposeful adjustments and some time to adapt to going back to work. But I know that God has worked in my life over the past 6 weeks. I have grown in a lot of ways. This has allowed me to begin down the path God wants me to follow. I must continue to walk that road in faith not letting anything, including the circumstances and obstacles that come with working 2nd shift, stand in my way. Please pray for me I could use the support.


No comments: