Monday, July 20, 2009

A Noteable Monday


Today was a day full of milestones for me. It included getting to eat real food again, receiving a special gift, and helping my son, James, move some of his belongings out of our house.

The gift I'm referring to is a custom made stain glass replica of the NY emblem the New York Yankees wear on their baseball caps. It was designed and handmade for me by my sister in law, Theresa.

She gave it to me this morning when I went over to her house. It's one of the nicest things anyone has ever made for me. I will hang it up in a window in my house soon so I can enjoy it. That's a picture of it at the start of this post.

After nearly 3 weeks on liquids, today I started eating "real food". I started out with eggs for breakfast, had some turkey with cheese for lunch and a very delicious chicken with tomato sauce dish for dinner. It all totaled up to about 600 calories and 67 grams of protein. Both of which meet the daily requirements of "phase 3" of my new diet.

Finally this afternoon our youngest son, James, came over to our house with a pick up truck and with the help of his aunt, Theresa, and his friend, Chris, moved the rest of his belongings over to his house. What was once his bedroom is now our spare utility room. So now he's "officially" moved out.

While the rest of the world stopped to observe the 40th anniversary of astronauts from the United States landing on the moon (an observation I took part in myself by watching several programs on TV about it) I was having somewhat of a "one small step for me" moment by being back on "solid" food. To make it even better I got an early birthday present from my sister in law. It really was a Notable Monday.

No comments: