Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Last Day Of My Liquid Diet

After 19 days, today is the last day of my liquid diet. I just finished drinking the last of my protein shakes. I probably won't even think about having another for a while. I'm not saying I'll never drink one again because they will probably prove to be convenient but I'm done with them for now.

Tomorrow morning I will have a couple of scrambled eggs with some melted cheese on top as my first real "meal" in nearly 3 weeks. Because I don't like fish and it's a big part of the food list I will be allowed I'm a little apprehensive about what I'm going to eat on this 3rd stage of my new diet.

But God has gotten me through the last 3 weeks so now I've confidence that He will help me through the rest.

Making some progress with my exercise (aka walking). Tonight I walked a little less than halfway from my house to the Flavor Isle. (a local ice cream/fast food stand exactly 1/2 mile from my house) Round trip that's about 1/2 a mile. It's the farthest I've been able to walk in a long time even before my surgery.

Things are progressing and starting tomorrow Paula and I will once again be able to eat the same things. We can actually start preparing meals for both of us again.

No comments: