Friday, October 4, 2013

1300 Piece Challenge

As I get closer to marking the 1 year anniversary of becoming a Legos enthusiast, I am advancing even deeper into the hobby. 

The next project I work on is going to be one I'm going to like and be very proud of when it's finished. 

I picked out the "expert" level Lego Creator kit myself at the Lego Store in Nashville back in July. But it was "officially" a birthday gift from my wife. She allowed me to get it early so she was sure I would get the one I wanted. 

This is the kit: A vintage Volkswagen Bus Camper.



Because this promises to be the most difficult projects I've worked on, I'm going to be changing where and how I work on it. 

Since most of the 1300+ pieces are very small they could very easily be lost. 

Therefore I'm only going to build it at home. I will not be taking it back and forth to work on it at my desk in the call center. I will work on only at home. 

I will be at a table and not on the couch in the living room as I have other Lego projects. This will make it easier to keep track of all 1330 bits of molded plastic. 

I'm going to take my time with this VW Bus so I make sure it's built right. There are 115 assembly steps and that does not include the many sub-assemblies within those instructions. That's a lot more than any other kit I've built. 

My goal is to have it completed by the Thanksgiving or at the latest Christmas. I will be posting pictures and updates from time to time. So if you're interested in seeing keeping up with my progress, make sure you keep checking back. 

Who knows when I'm finished I may just find some "hippie" mini-figures to go with it.  


No comments: