Friday, October 25, 2013

Where Have I Seen That Name Before?

About a month ago while watching the cable anthology show "Mysteries at the Museum"; I saw a segment on the 2009 hijacking of the cargo ship MV Maersk Alabama in ocean off the coast of Ely,Somalia, Africa. It's the story that serves as the basis for the recently released Tom Hanks movie, "Captain Phillips".

The reason for the segment on a show about museum artifacts is that the orange bullet-marked 5-ton fiberglass lifeboat that the pirates used in their attempt to escape is on display at the National Navy UDT-SEAL Museum in Fort Pierce, Florida.   


At the time I saw the show the name "Maersk" looked familiar to me. But I dismissed it as just a type of "Deja Vu." 

Then last weekend when I went to see "Captain Phillips" seeing "Maersk" on the big screen it's familiarity was once again confounding. I couldn't make the connection. 

Then this past Thursday while working on my Lego VW model I looked in the back of the instruction booklet. That's where the Lego company usually puts pictures of other sets that may be of interest to their customers. 

That's where I realized where I had seen the name before. It was in a picture of Lego play set #10219.


See the logo of the Maersk Shipping Line Inc. on the train and cargo trailers?

I like the train its really cool but the set's retired. The selling price on E-bay starts at $200. Don't like it that much. 

Anyway, personal mystery solved. Now I can move on to finding out why I recognize the star of the new Fox show "Almost Human." 

No comments: