Saturday, October 19, 2013

I Miss My Doggie





Three months ago today our family had to say "good-bye" to of one of our beloved pets: our dog, Dory. 

She was very sick and we didn't want her to suffer any more. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life. 

I am still heart broken. Although I mentioned it on Facebook at the time I didn't write anything about her on this blog. 

I've healed a little over these last 90 days but there are still plenty of times when I miss her so much. I picture her in my mind and my heart once again overflows with grief. 

The sorrow fill my eyes; blurring my vision and all I can say to Paula is: "I miss my doggie." 

For 9 years Dory was a loyal and loving companion. She was my exercise partner, a creature of comfort and a very sweet dog. She was a very special part of the family Everybody loved Dory. 

She loved walks, eating chicken, doing tricks for snacks, and sleeping on her pillow in the corner of the living room. 

I don't want to come across as a weepy over sensitive girly man but I really DO miss her. 

As a tribute to my beloved "grinning beagle" I am writing a children's story about a dog with the same name who is adopted from an animal shelter by a loving family. Just like Dory was. 

These past 3 months have gone so fast it seems like only yesterday that she was still sleeping in the corner, eyes open (that was kind of creepy) with her tongue sticking out. 



Since she was such a important part of my life and now she's gone; I simply have to mention Dory on my blog. 

Let me end this post by simply saying one more time: "I miss my Dory girl."



No comments: