Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekly Factors: A Bit Of A Change

As you can tell from the length and number of posts over the past 2 years I have really enjoyed writing for this blog. Originally it was supposed to serve a dual purpose: Help me share the events of my life with my family in Pennsylvania and express my thoughts and opinions about things I'd learned or experienced. It has also turned out to be a very good means of documenting my growth as a Christian.

My initial goal was to post every day. That hasn't happened but I am pretty consistent. When I have something to write about; I post.

Due to my tendency to write in lengthy details about nearly every subject posting takes a considerable amount of time from my day. This would be fine on days when I don't have anything else to do. But lately those days are becoming few and far between.

Since 2010 began I have tried to send myself "back to school". I have started to try learn more about performing comedy and working on my ventriloquism skill by practicing more often. I am working on a stand up comedy course and am about to start a ventriloquism training course.

This self education requires a commitment very similar to attending continuing education or college classes. I know it's not a "formal" education and I won't get any kind of diploma for it but the objective is the same. I want to become better at what I do.

So in effort to rearrange my priorities toward my commitment to "Ron's College of Ventriloquism & Comic Performance", I'm going to change the way I post to this blog. I will now only post once a week.

The posts will be a review of events from the previous week; most likely in a news digest type format. Or there may be a "normal post" with commentary about an important subject or matter that's been prevalent in my life the since the last post. Because of my current work schedule look for the weekly post either on Thursdays or Fridays.

Although though I don't think there will be, I apologize to anyone who may be disappointed with this decision. It's what I feel I have to do to change my focus toward the more important things in my life. I may go back to posting more frequently in the future. But for now while I work on my comedy and "vent" skills it's just going to be "The Weekly RH Factor Report".

No comments: