Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Vue from 88888 Miles


Here's a picture of the speedometer of my Vue taken on March 26, 2005, the day I bought it. It only had 346 miles.

The next time I drive it the odometer will turn over to 88,888. That means in 5 years (4 years 10 months and 15 days to be exact) I've driven it 88,542 miles. That's an average of nearly 50 miles per day.

It's gone to both Easton, Pennsylvania and Gatlinburg, Tennessee twice. It's been driven on the streets of cities such as: Atlanta; Chicago; Cincinnati; Columbus, Georgia; Huntsville, Alabama; Louisville, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh; and, of course, Nashville.

I can't believe I've put that many miles on it. Can't wait to drive it another 11,112 and reach the 100,000 mark. I'm only a couple of payments away from paying it off too.

I'd like to list the places and events it's taken me to but that would be a very very long list. I guess I could make up a list and sing it to that Johnny Cash song, "I've been everywhere". But that's for another day.

Just didn't want to let the novelty of having an odometer that has 5 digits all the same go by without posting something about it. I really have been blessed by owning my Vue and I look forward to it taking me on even more vacations and adventures over the next 5 years.

No comments: