Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Half Way


Well I've reached a significant goal before Christmas. What goal you ask? My goal of being halfway between my presurgery weight and my goal weight. I wanted to get there by Christmas. I reached that halfway point this morning.

In only 163 days I've lost 118 pounds. That's half the total I want to lose. My surgeon has set a goal for me to lose 20 pounds more than that but I don't think I'll be able to get to nor be comfortable at his goal weight for me.

Reaching this goal means that both Paula and I are on the 2nd half of our weight loss efforts. This is yet another milestone on our ultimate goal of being healthy enabling us to, God willing, live a long life together.

This picture was taken last Thursday before I went to my 5 month check up with Dr. Houston. I put it on my Facebook profile for a while and received some very nice complements. I thought I'd post it on the blog as well. Let me know what you think. I need all the encouragement I can get.





No comments: