Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year & A Movie

Happy New Year to Everyone. I trust that you had a safe and enjoyable New Year's Eve celebration. My wife and I spend the evening playing cards in our church fellowship hall. I got to be partners with our church's new associate pastor in a game called "Hand & Foot". It's a version of the card game Canasta.

New Year's day we spent the afternoon with Paula's side of the family at her nephew's house. He invited us to supper. We had Hoppin John's soup made with black-eyed peas, sausage, and rice. They also served boiled cabbage and smoked sausage. Both are traditional New Year's day dishes. We had a nice time with them.

Today, the 2nd day of 2009, I went to the movies with my son, Michael. We went to see a movie that came out back in November but I had been putting off seeing until today: Disney's Bolt. We went and saw the 3D version.

I LOVED THIS MOVIE!!! The 3D effects were cool but not overwhelming. The computer animation was outstanding. It was so good, in fact that at times I was preoccupied with the visual aspect of the film and missed some of the dialog. The story is very good and engaging. It also has great characters and character development. It gets just a little slow in the middle but there again the marvelous animation helps you through it. I haven't enjoyed a Disney animated movie so much since 'The Incredibles." I would gladly pay to see this movie again.

There you have my first post of 2009. I wrote 154 posts in 2009 and it is my goal to write more than that this year. That shouldn't be difficult since I didn't start until April of 07. This January 2nd post give me a head start already.

No comments: