Saturday, September 13, 2008

Magic Rings & Sock Puppets

Other than having more room in our house the process of my oldest son moving out has had some benefits. Last weekend while he was packing things from his bedroom he found (given the condition of his room perhaps the word “discovered” would be more appropriate) a couple of things I can use.

He gave me his Chinese linking rings trick and his handmade sock puppets. He made them for some project he was working on in high school. He came out of his room with them one on each of his hand. I immediately named the puppets, Amby & Dexter. I plan on using them with younger children. I think I’ll have the puppets present the children with two different ideas about a subject, like safety rules; good eating habits; or manners; and let the children choose the right one. I will have to do more work with just exactly how I am going to use them but they do have potential. I thank my son for the gifts. I know I’ll use them in the future. I can’t wait until he “discovers” more.

No comments: