Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Job Fair & Birthday Gifts


I have had plans for today for about 2 weeks. At the beginning of the month I found out that there was a job fair at our local mall. I knew I needed to go and try to get a job.

With gas prices being what they are I decided that in addition to going to the mall I would run several errands as well. I paid some utility bills, made a bank deposit among other things.

The job fair wasn't very beneficial for me. The only employer I found who had a job opening that I could do was at a local radio station. They are looking for a "traffic" manager. That's the person who schedules the commercials and makes sure they get played. I used to work with the guy who was at the station's table. He was the morning guy at another station I worked at when I first moved to town 9 years ago. I talked with him a while and left my name and number. He said they will get in touch with me.

Now you might be asking what that has to do with the picture of the fish puppet that's at the top of this post. The answer is "nothing."

However after I finished at the mall I decided to go buy myself some belated birthday presents. I had a coupon for 50% off some DVD movies at the Family Christian Store. I got two of them: "Though Shalt Laugh: The Deuce" (a DVD of Christian Stand Up Comedy); and "Fly Wheel." That last one is the first movie produced by the church who made "Facing The Giants." I've been told it's pretty good. I also stopped at the Parent/Teacher Store because I had a $10 gift certificate from them for my birthday. The clown fish puppet is what I got with my certificate.

Going to the pet store and getting 3 dozen live crickets for my son's lizard to eat and doing some grocery shopping were the last things I did before I came home.

I spent the evening with my wife as we watched the season premiere of one of our favorite TV shows, House.

Although I'm getting rather frustrated and stressed about not being able to find a job. Today was a pretty good day.

No comments: