Friday, September 12, 2008

Kaitlyn’s Journey Continues On AGT

I ended my last post about Miss Kaitlyn Maher, my favorite contestant on NBC’s America’s Got Talent, with some speculation. I ventured to say that even the “mean” judge on the show, Piers Morgan, wouldn’t want to tell the 4 year old that she wasn’t good enough to go on in the competition.

On Wednesday night Kaitlyn brought her talent to the stage once more with her Top 20 round performance of the award winning Disney song “Beauty & The Beast.” Piers then proceeded to tell the little girl that while she was a princess he was going to be a beast. He told her that he thought she might not advance to the next phase. Kaitlyn handled it like a pro saying “Thank you” with a question in her voice.

Hearing him say that motivated me to make the effort to vote for a contestant on a TV show for the first time. After we finished watching my wife and I went to our computers and voted for Kaitlyn 50 times online using 5 email addresses. I also called in 20 times using our home phone and my cell phone. We voted for that sweet little girl 70 times. But we didn’t know if it was going to be enough.

Last night the program was on for 30 minutes to announce the Top 10 contestants. I watched nervously as Jerry Springer revealed the voting results. About 15 minutes into the show Kaitlyn’s name was added to the list of finalists. Her journey continues as she gets the chance to make the Top 5 next week.

I can put my head on the pillow tonight knowing that at least one time in this election year I voted for a candidate who deserved it and it counted. Bless You Kaitlyn. From now on I’ll make sure I vote early and vote often…or as often as I can.

No comments: