Monday, May 30, 2011

Chattanooga & A Schedule Change


An Ariel View of Downtown Chattanooga
 It's been 10 days since my last post. In that time I've been on vacation and found out about a pending change that will have a ripple effect on my life.

Late in the afternoon on Sunday, May 22, Paula and I left to go on vacation in Chattanooga, Tennessee. It's just 3 hour drive. It was the first part of Paula's 50th birthday trip. We spent 4 days there enjoying all the tourist attractions and restaurants we wanted to see. Among the places we went were: Rock City, the Tennessee Aquarium, and Ruby Falls. We had a great time and did a lot of walking. I'll be writing more about that in upcoming posts.

When we returned on Friday while checking my work email I found out that my request for a schedule change has been approved. Starting the first full week in June I will be working Tuesday through Saturday. I will have Sunday and Monday off. I am so happy to finally get this change. I have been asking for it for nearly 9 months.

This will mean that I will be able to start going back to church on a regular basis. I will be able to participate in children's ministry and do ventriloquism again. Once again I will be writing more about that in future posts.

I just wanted to check in and assure my legion of blog readers that all is going well. I've been having fun on vacation with my wife and I'm very optimistic about the prospect of returning to being an active church member and taking my ventriloquism to other churches around the area.

An immediate benefit of my pending work schedule change is that I have 5 of the next 8 days off. Monday, May 30, I'm off for the Memorial Day holiday. I work on Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday and Friday are my current schedule's days off. I work on Saturday. On Sunday, June 5, I start my new schedule so I'm off that day and on Monday the 6th. So I have 5 out of the next days off. I like this new schedule already.

So that's what's going on with me since my last post. Hope you weren't too worried about me. I've just been busy; but I'm back now. Let the posting begin again.

No comments: