Thursday, April 14, 2011

My New Rides

 
                                                   
Today, for the first time ever, I used both of my new vehicles in the same day. For the 2nd week I used my new Craftsman LT2000 riding mower (pictured above) to cut my grass. The process took a little less time this week because I'm getting a little more comfortable turning and navigating efficiently. I’m still not taking advantage of the tractor’s full speed.

Because of the amount of clippings left over from last week there’s now a lot of dead grass on the lawn. That made cutting a little more difficult. But overall I really like using a riding mower for the majority of the job.

Then later in the afternoon I took my new bicycle (also pictured above) for its first ride. At the time I ordered it last month but was told it wouldn’t be in from the factory until next Wednesday. But yesterday I got a call yesterday telling me it was in.

I picked it up but didn’t have time to ride it last night. The weather was perfect for its initial journey this afternoon. I didn’t go far. I only rode a couple of laps around our cemetery but it felt wonderful. I really love bike riding. I am so glad I am able to do it again. I’m anxious to go on short trips in the near future.

I want you to know that I am not bragging about my acquisitions. I’m so excited to have them and can’t believe that I’ve been able to get them.

This year has been a very good year for me so far. The Lord has smiled on us and with the blessing of my wonderful wife I’ve been able to get some of the things I’ve wanted for a while.

The riding mower will make the chore of mowing grass a lot easier this summer. My new bike will give me incentive to exercise more often. That will help me lose the remainder of the weight I want to lose.

So there you have the story of my new “rides”. Both are going to be very useful tools in making life a little easier and more enjoyable from now on.

No comments: