Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My "Congratulations" Gift

 
If you read my blog posts on April Fools day you know that I fooled several of my family members with a story about going to work at Walt Disney World.

My son, Michael, and daughter in law, Heather, were among those who bought my "dream come true" story hook, line and sinker. They were so excited about my lucky break that they went out and bought me a "congratulations" gift. 

I figured when they found out that the whole thing was a joke they would take the gift back. I even mentioned that in my "confession" post on Friday.

The next day, Saturday, the two of them came to our house for a visit. Much to my surprise they brought my gift with them. Above is a picture of what they gave me. Inside my special Mickey Mouse gift bag was a Buzz Lightyear key chain and a small collectible figure. Also included was a card with the note "Well played Ron, Well Played."

I was really touched by the fact that even though I made them the victims of a "cruel joke" they were sweet enough to still give me my present. That's why I love my family. They're such good sports when it comes to my "warped" sense of humor. The only thing that bothers me is that Michael has vowed to get me back. I have no doubt that he will...someday.

I'll now add my new "toys" to my collection of Disney stuff. My new additions will blend in with the rest of my collection but I'll always have a special story that goes with my "congratulations" gift.

No comments: