Saturday, March 19, 2011

Extended Spring Break

Well it's that time of year again. For the 2nd straight year I've been "laid off" from my job. Now because of the company's strict and restrictive Internet policy regarding what employees post on any and all social media I can't go into details. Just let me say that starting March 20 through April 30 I am not working. I will be eligible for unemployment during this time though; so that's good. 

What am I going to do with my time off? Well I haven't decided yet. I have been planning to go to Wrigley Field to see a Cubs game this year. But going to Wrigley Field in April doesn't seem like it would be a good idea. The weather will be cold and I won't enjoy it. I'll wait until summer.

I guess I'll just be doing things around the house and working on some of my personal projects. I have a Rewind show that I'm about ready to start recording. I'll be working on that for sure.

With Spring arriving today I'm sure the weather is going to improve. I've had my eye on buying a bike this year so that may be a possibility as well.

One thing I'm sure that I'll be doing is going to church on Sunday mornings. I've been asking to have my schedule changed so that I'll have Sundays off for a while. But that hasn't happened. This time off gives me at least 6 Sundays to go to church with Paula. I'm going to take advantage of that for sure. I may even try and help out a little bit in children's church.

This time off is a major event in my life and I just wanted to let my readers know what's going on. I'm sure I'll be posting about what I do and what happens to me over the next 6 weeks; so you'll find out what I've done on my extended Spring break then.



No comments: