Thursday, August 26, 2010

Storms Out In Atlantic Have Me Worried

It's 11 days until we leave for my birthday trip to Disney and I'm a bit concerned with the weather conditions. Not those in Orlando but those out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

It seems a parade of tropical depressions longing to turn into storms and or hurricanes out there. One of them is already a category 2 hurricane named Danielle and another is a tropical depression named "Earl". They are giving me "agida" (that's pronounced "Odd-gi-da" and is Italian slang for heartburn).

As mentioned in a previous post I've created touring plans for our days at the Disney Parks but I don't know where to put "ride out the hurricane" within those plans. I know worrying won't make any difference and We'll have to deal with what happens.

I know I'm turning 50 but now I feel like I'm going to have to become one of those old guys who are obsessed with watching the weather channel. I have to keep up to date on what's going on with the storms.

I'm praying that all of them follow similar paths. Right now Danielle is forecast to stay east of Bermuda and have little effect on the continental US. Perhaps she'll set an example and the others that form before our vacation will follow in her footsteps.

I'm trying my best to stay calm and just have a "what will be will be" attitude but I really don't want to have to deal with a hurricane while I'm celebrating my birthday in Disney World. I'm just gonna have to wait and hope for the best.

No comments: