Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Digital Conversion Project Finished

Yesterday I finished downloading the majority of the music I own on CD to I-Tunes. It took me several months to do this. I now have 850 albums, just over 6700 songs, which is equal to 18.6 days of continuous listening. The entire download took up 51 gbs of space on my hard drive.

Once I charge my Ipod and sync it up with my I-Tunes I will have my music in a "permanent" digitally mobile state. I will also have plenty of room on the Ipod for downloading other forms of digital media including podcasts and sermons I like to listen to when I'm driving or exercising. I can also download audio books.

Included in the digital conversion is the 3rd generation of my Rewind shows. The programs, which I wrote a few posts about last year, have gone from cassette tape to CD and now to digital.

The only music I have left to import from CD are is my Christmas music. I will do that later in the fall after I get back from Disney World. Right now I want to get the Ipod loaded with the music I have converted so I can enjoy it on the trip to and from Florida.

So now it's onto learning about the Ipod. I have the book "Ipods for Dummies" that I got Paula and I for Christmas last year. I have to read some of it before I start using the Ipod. That's the next step in the process of coming up to speed with the world of digital music. Sorry it took me so long to catch up.

No comments: