Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Royal Shirt & Dinner With Family


To the left you see a picture of my latest baseball team shirt. It's for the Kansas City Royals. It was given to my by my sister-in-law, Gaile. She's a sweet lady and is married to Paula's brother.

On her recent trip to Kansas City to visit her daughter I asked her to pick me up a Royals shirt. Now usually I try to go to the city and buy baseball team shirt while I'm there. and there's a reason for that. I did that with Washington DC and Milwaukee this summer. But I'm not too sure when I'll get to Kansas City.

I fully intended to pay Gaile for the shirt but she said she didn't want anything for it. She gave it to me as we were waiting for a table last night at a local restaurant.

We met Paula's brother, Woody; and Gaile, at the restaurant for dinner. Paula's cousin, Connie, and her husband would join the 4 of us for dessert as well.

Although we had a long wait for a table (which turned out to be a booth) and our service wasn't all that great. In spite of that the six of us had a wonderful time talking and visiting with each other for a couple of hours. It was a very nice evening with people I don't get to see often enough.

The reason I like to try and go to each city and buy a baseball shirt for that area's team is so that I can have a memory and or story about the shirt attached to it. Without a little history it's just another shirt.

Although I had someone else buy it for me the nice evening we had with Paula's family will always be the thing I remember when I wear my Kansas City Royals shirt. Thanks Gaile.

No comments: