Sunday, January 24, 2010

2010 Catch-Up Post 1

It's been a week since I've published a post. As busy as the week before was, last week was just the opposite; virtually uneventful. But since I've promised to keep y'all posted (no pun intended) on what's going on in my life; here's a summary of what's happened since my last post.

Adventures In Ventriloquism

In an effort to be true to my "all in" commitment to ventriloquism I've been writing and practicing more often. This has resulted in what I'll call a "crisis of faith" in my abilities. Without going into details let me just say that being focused has shown me close up some of my flaws. The things I need to work on and improve have become painfully obvious. I need to be more natural and better. It's very humbling and frustrating at the same time.

Don't worry I'm just going through a time of transition that will require some determination and prayer to work through. I've no doubt that I will grow through this and will become the ventriloquist God wants me to be.

January Weight Loss Goals

Both my wife and I continue to work toward our weight lost goals. I'm sure we're going to reach the goals we've set for January. Paula has started exercising on a daily basis again and is close to a significant milestone in her progress.

I have just set up a room in our house that will enable us to use the treadmill and do aerobics videos whenever we want. That should help us keep moving.

Plans for Vacation

Although we haven't made any certain determinations we have begun to talk with the Pennsylvania family about the time frame for our trip to see them this year. We're talking about sometime in June. There are some special events going on around that time and it would be nice if we could be there to help celebrate them.

Paula and I also want to do some type of 1 or 2 day stop along the way either on the way to or from PA as well. We want to do something special together, just the two of us. Not sure what's involved in that but we're talking about it. More about our plans as they become more certain.

Awana Music

This past Wednesday night I led the music portion of our AWANA group at church. I taught them the scripture song for 1st John 4: 7&8. I learned it when I was their age and it still sticks with me. I also sang the song "The Bible Is For You" to the tune "I wanna Be Like You" from Disney's The Jungle Book. During the musical bridges I let the kids who raised their hands say Bible verses they have memorized. I plan on doing both of those things again next month.

Climbing The Electronics Mountain

Since before Christmas I have had a stack of new electronics sitting in my computer room waiting for me to use or install them. After Christmas there were 4 of them to be exact: a new wireless computer printer, a device for copying VHS tapes to the computer to make DVDs, a turntable to convert records into MP3 files for the computer, and my new IPOD.

This past Friday I took the first step toward climbing that mountain. I installed the new printer to my desktop computer. I still have to set it up so Paula can access it from her laptop but at least it's no longer in the box and it's usable. I plan on having the other devices up and working by the end of February.

So there you have what's been going on with me this past week. I told you it wasn't that exciting. There's one other thing that I've been doing but writing about it will require an entire separate post. That's all for this first "Catch-Up" post of the new year. thanks for your interest in my blog even when it's dull. I'll try and be more entertaining next time.


No comments: