Sunday, November 30, 2008

Opportunity Comes Knocking Again

Two weeks ago I wrote a post about putting up posters advertising my ventriloquism for children’s parties. In that post, I wrote that I’m trusting God to be my booking agent. Well on Friday He came through for the first time since I wrote that post.

Early in the afternoon a knock came on my front door. When I answered it standing there was a man from a Baptist church here in town. I knew him because he was the man who helped us out when my wife and I performed at the church street fair back on September 20.

I was surprised to see him but soon realized that his visit would be a blessing to me. He identified himself and told me how everyone really enjoyed my ventriloquism performance at the street fair. Then he asked me if I had any type of show for the Christmas season. His church was having a special Christmas program for the kids on the Sunday before Christmas and they wanted me to ask me back to perform again. I told him I would be more than happy to do something for the children at his church with Christmas as the theme.

I gave him my cell phone number and told him to call me with the specific details about what type of show they wanted me to do. He asked me how much I charged. I told him that presenting the gospel message in church is not my job, it’s my ministry. At this point I’m not asking for any type of compensation for the opportunity to share the gospel.

I am thrilled for the chance to go back and minister to this church. Although it’s not a direct response from the publicity posters it is a direct response to my prayer for more work as a ventriloquist. This opportunity to minister with ventriloquism came right to my door. I didn’t even have to go looking for it. Praise God for his faithfulness. I’m sure this is only the beginning.

No comments: