Thursday, November 20, 2008

Finally A Haircut

Hey Everybody I know that this month's posts have been scarce but I haven't had much time to do anything except pay attention to our new puppy these last 2 weeks.

Anyway I managed to get away yesterday and go to town to get some things done. I distributed quite a few of the ventriloquist advertising posters to party supply houses and other locations where potential clients will see them.

I also went to the mall and for the first time in 16 weeks I got my hair cut. For those of you not familiar with the story of my last hair cut look back at my July 29 post.

I went to the same place in the mall and planned on giving the woman who made me just this side of bald a chance to redeem herself. Unfortunately, she wasn't there. I got my hair cut without any problems or mistakes this time which ordinarily would bring the whole experience to a conclusion. However the real lesson of the bad hair cut will stay with me for the rest of my life. What I've learned from the bad haircut of 2008 is how God can change my heart.

I went into that shop yesterday anxious to give the woman a second chance to cut my hair again. I was kind of disappointed when I didn't get the opportunity. Not so I could write about it in this post and pat myself on the back. "Oh what a good person I am because I gave someone a second chance." Given my own mind I wouldn't have ever gone back to that shop again and painted an insulting picture of the woman's incompetence when telling the story to others in the future. But from my study of the scriptures and the way the Holy Spirit has been speaking to me I realized that God is a God of forgiveness and second chances. If we are to be like Him we need to be kind, loving, forgiving, and look for the opportunity to offer redemption to others whenever possible. That has become a strong belief in my heart. I did not come up with that belief on my own. It is a characteristic of God that has grown up in my heart and my spirit through the work of His spirit.

No comments: