Sunday, November 16, 2008

Party Publicity

After months of procrastination I have finally designed and distributed a poster advertising my availability to do ventriloquism at birthday parties.

The poster has pictures of me and my characters: Calvin, Cecil the turtle, Irving the fish, Eugene the owl, Grandpa Sherman, and Schnozz. I would have put the poster at the top of this post but there is information on it that I don’t want on the internet.

I’ve already put posters up at my church and outside our grocery store. I am going to put them in more places where I believe it will be seen by potential clients.

Last week I distributed some black & white copies of the poster to members of a young mothers group that meets at our church. They were all enthusiastic about the fact that I’m starting to do parties. A lot of them have children who really like my characters.

I do believe that this is an avenue of ventriloquism that I need to be involved in. It’s not just for the money. I don’t think I’ll make anything close to what I would at a full time job but it will be a good supplement to our income as a part time job. I really need to do this to get more of a reputation in the community. I believe that God has led me to finally take this step of faith and get my name and my talent out in the public so I can become a more effective minister. I’ve finally gotten the posters up now I’m trusting God to act as my booking agent. I can’t wait to see what great things he does.

No comments: