Thursday, December 4, 2008

Found A New Job

I’m a couple of days late in getting this news posted but I have gotten a new job. I got a call on Tuesday afternoon offering me a job in the customer service department of the local ShopNBC distribution center. It’s only a part time job but at least I won’t have to depend on money from the government anymore.

This job is an answer to prayer and I believe is where God wants me to be working. I’m grateful for the job. Having said that I’ll have to admit that I’m somewhat confused about why God had led me to this job at this time. Getting the job gets me back working again (which, of course, is a top priority), and I’m thankful that this door of opportunity has opened. However the commitment I must make to the job closes a lot of other doors to other things I’ve been doing in my life that have become important.

I won’t go into details about just what those things are but I guess I’m going to have to find a way to do them outside of my working hours. Perhaps I should look back at the “freedom” I’ve enjoyed over the last 8 months and appreciate what I’ve been able to do during that time and be grateful for that time.

Then again looking back at my time off I can also see the many things I should have and would liked to have done but didn’t. The goals I didn’t achieve; the things I aspired to but fell way short of getting done. Of course that’s a very negative way of looking at things and dwelling on that will only bind me to what is past and keep me from focusing on the future. So I guess I’ll do what I can to learn from my mistakes and move on.

But looking forward I will state once more that come the 15th of this month I will again be employed. I must be honest with you and admit that it’s not exactly the job I would have chosen for myself. But I will have the opportunity to meet new people and discover the reason why God has introduced me into their lives. I must also with an open heart look toward the specific purpose He has for me in this job. After all the Bible says over and over again that God loves me, takes care of me, and works all things for my good. I'm just going to have to trust He's taking me to where I need to be. I believe that’s what God wants my attitude to be going into it.

No comments: