Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wonderful Wife, Wonderful Life

It’s been well over a week since my last post and what a week it was. I’ll be writing several posts with the details of our “Big Weekend” over the next few days.

The first thing I must write about before anything else is what a wonderful woman I married. Starting last Wednesday my wife had 5 days off from her job. Most of that time was spent preparing for and hosting my family here at the house.

From Wednesday through Friday morning we worked diligently to get our home ready to serve as a place of rest and relaxation during the time my family from Pennsylvania would visit. Paula made sure everything was ready.

During one of those days she even took the time to go into town. She spent several hours with our son, who is home on leave from the National Guard, helping him take care of a few things. We went to lunch with him; then she helped him get service put on a cell phone and take care of some business at the bank.

Other than seeing our son, Michael, get married on Saturday her best moment came on Sunday when she served my family some of her wonderful southern cooking. She prepared southern style green beans, deviled eggs and Mexican corn bread to go along with the chicken and pork chops James cooked on the grill. Other people helped make it but it was my wife who provided the menu and the recipes. She’s a great cook and loves making dishes she knows people will enjoy.

Having returned to work just yesterday, my wife now begins the busiest time of the year for her department. She’ll be working long hours from now until the end of November, probably longer.

While she would have liked to have just sat back and done nothing during her time off she gave of herself to make sure that both our Kentucky family and our Pennsylvania family had an enjoyable few days together. She didn't have to do it but she did.

I am truly blessed to be married to a woman who loves me so much that she gives of herself to make me and the people important to me happy. I want to let everyone know that the main reason I have a wonderful life is because I have such a Wonderful Wife.

No comments: