Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Finally Getting To Work

A month ago I wrote about the start of my short term weight loss effort with the ultimate goal of getting the lap band device to help me be successful in the long term.

Despite the fact that I recognized a specific sin in my life that keeps me from fulfilling God’s will for me I did not make any effort to stop over eating or lose weight. I kept putting it off until “tomorrow” or “next week.”

I could give you my reasons for procratinating but they would all just be excuses. The real reason I didn’t start my new diet in the month of September is because of a flaw in my faith.

I wrote on September 2 that it was with certainty I believe God wants me to make a serious effort to lose weight. I didn’t put that belief into action. I am a classic example of the verse James 2:17. My faith without action is dead or useless.

Realizing that I need to come to a place where I decide to shut my mouth put my faith into action; I made today the first day of my new weight loss effort.

I followed the eating recommendations of my plan and counted calories. I got the proper amount of nutrition from the “good” sources. I consumed the proper proportions of carbs, proteins, fruits and vegetables and more. Any of you who are familiar with various diets know what I mean.

So once again at the beginning of a month (2 days before I go back to my doctor for my second appointment) I am taking a stand and actually starting a weight loss effort. But this time I’m using my faith to motivate my actions. As I’ve already stated it is my belief that that combination will be blessed by God.

No comments: