Thursday, July 24, 2008

An Unexpected "Thank You"

As a ventriloquist I have about done about a dozen or so performances. All of them have been either at my church or as a volunteer through the local library. My next goal is to start getting paid for my performances. This past Tuesday I received and unexpected blessing that I consider a step in that direction.

I was given a gift card to Barnes & Noble book store as a "thank you" from the local library. This may not seem like a big deal to you but it is my first financial reward for something that I love doing. My relationship and experiences with the local library has been both a wonderful way to serve the community and launch my ventriloquism career. Based on the result from reaching out to that organization I am very much encouraged to look for other avenues of service. I believe performances in nursing homes will be next.

No comments: