Friday, July 25, 2008

Materials for Creation


Yesterday I received a product in the mail called "peepers." It's a pair of puppet eyes fit into a small plastic frame. This allows you to wear it at the base of your middle finger just above the palm. The eyes rest on the knuckles on the back of your hand enabling your hand to become it's own puppet. I don't describe it very well but you can see what I mean from the picture.

The reason I got the "Peepers" is because I am going to use them along with a silicone oven mitt I bought a few months ago to create a ventriloquist puppet. This my first effort to create a character from the "ground up." I already have a name and character lined up for the puppet. It will be unique and used in specific situations.

Right now I'm still reviewing different ideas for putting these materials together and creating my first original puppet. I'll let you know how it works out.

No comments: