Saturday, July 5, 2014

Back To Building

A very restful and relaxing day here at my house. Paula and I spent most of the morning and afternoon watching movies. 

We watched "Perfect Stranger" starring Halle Berry and Bruce Willis. Then we watched "G.I. Joe: Retaliation." starring Dewayne "The Rock" Johnson. Both were very entertaining. 

Later in the day, our granddaughter came over for a visit while her "mommy & daddy" went out on a date. It was the kind of Saturday that I really enjoy.

Took the Independence Day holiday off from the blog to enjoy a nice barbeque, campfire, and fireworks with some of my wife's extended family. We had a good time. 

But now it's time to get back to RHFactors and head full throttle toward breaking the record for most posts in one calendar year. 

After finishing my Lego VW camper van kit...

...I have once again started working on my Lego kits on a daily basis. 

This past week I finished the two "builds". They are the first of the three models you can make from the Lego Creator kits called "Cool Cruiser" and "Aviation Adventures."

One is a race car. 

And the other is a speed boat. 

I finished the racer on Tuesday and the speed boat just yesterday. 

I've already taken the race car apart and am working on the 2nd design featured in the "Cool Cruiser" kit. It's a telehandler. In case you don't know what that is (which I didn't at first)'; I'd describe it as heavy duty forklift. 

So I'm back to building consistently and am excited about some of the models I have in my Lego queue yet to be built. 

Among them are the Sidney Opera House, a small summer cottage, and 3 kits that recreate scenes from the Lego Movie. You'll see them when they're done. 

That's about it for me on this Saturday. I've got a lot of thing happening during this month that I can blog about in the days to come. In addition to Lego stuff I've been working on other things as well. 

Also, this week is a special anniversary for me personally. I will be posting about it on Tuesday. Come back and read what I'm commemorating on that day.  








No comments: