Thursday, April 1, 2010

This Too Shall Pass

For those of you who know me well enough to think that this might be an "April Fools" joke. Let me assure you it is not. This ordeal was as far from a joking matter as I've every had. While it's a common ailment for adults about my age it's something I'd not wish on anyone.

I was awakened at 4:30 AM this morning with pain in my right kidney area. The pain then traveled forward to my lower abdomen and I became very nauseated. I was in extremely pain to say the least. Went to the ER.

After a CAT scan and some blood work I was diagnoised with a kidney stone that has moved from my kidney through my urinary tract. According to the doctor I should pass it in the next 24-48hrs. Also he tells me that it's only 1mm big and that I have others in the opposite kidney the same size or smaller that will eventually move as well.

With the pain in my abdomen and the effect of all the wretching from the neausa had on my pouch and stomach muscles it took 2 doses of demoral and some anit-nausea medicaton to finally relieve my pain to a tolelrable level. Although I arrived at the ER about 8AM it took in until 11AM before I finally slept soundly.

I am now home and have medications that has allowed me to relax and get some rest. I am not in pain any more. I just have to concentrate on drinking extra fluids so I can pass my "little buddy".

I'd appreciate if you could remember me in your prayers. I am thankful that God has kept the stones small enough that they don't require any surgery. I will just have to deal with passing them.

This is unusal for me. I'm not used to having to deal with any "medical condtions" such as this. I guess it comes with turning the big 50. Happy Birthday to me :(

No comments: