Monday, September 21, 2009

Getting Back In Sync

Today was the last day of my days not working the traditional day shift. I had the day off so I got some things done here at home.

Tomorrow I start working on the 1st shift at ShopNBC call center. My hours will be 7:45 AM to 4PM. I know I've mentioned this before but I'm excited about it so I'm mentioning it again. I can't wait to get back in sync with the rest of the world.

It won't be a perfect situation. I will be working 3 out of 4 weekends. That means I'll only get to church on Sunday once a month. However having my nights free will be better for me overall. I can definitely get more involved with AWANA if I want to.

The transition will be a bit tough for me. Tomorrow I start getting up to the alarm clock on a regular basis for the first time in 532 days. The last time I got up, got ready and went to work in the morning was April 7, 2008, my last day working at Perot Systems.

I am very grateful that God has worked thing out for me at my job. Since I've been back to work after my surgery He has answered my prayer to be taken off of answering emails from customer. ( I was moved to another off the phone job about a week after I got back) and has made an opening for me to start working 1st shift. I praise His name for answering my prayers in His time and not mine.

In addition to getting used to working a "normal" work day again I will have to do it without my wife; at least for this week. Starting tomorrow she's going on another business trip to Alabama. I will be here alone until Friday night. I'll be fine with that because I will be getting back to a routine that will be the same as hers once she comes home.

Okay, I'm taking a deep breath. Finishing up this post. Feeding my dogs. Closing the house up for the night. Getting my clothes and put in my gym bag so I can go swimming after work tomorrow. Checking that the front door is locked. Turning off the lights. And then I'm going set the alarm for 5AM. My first day on my new shift will begin with walking my dogs before I go to work. Please pray for me I will need some patients to handle all the change. Thanks.

No comments: