Friday, September 25, 2009

Another “Bits & Pieces” Post

Let me just start out this multi-topic post by saying how happy I am that my wife is home from her 3 day business trip. Not only is she back home with me, she brought me presents too.

The outlet store at the sportswear plant she traveled
to had some good buys on the size shirts and sweatpants I will need to wear to work this winter. They don’t fit me comfortably now but they will by the time the cold weather takes hold around here. Thanks for the presents, honey.

Knowing that I need to increase my exercise ability to keep my weight loss consistent I stepped up my walking program yesterday. I walked around the cemetery 3 times. That increased my distance from 1 mile to 1 ½ miles. My ultimate goal for walking distance is 3 miles. That’s how far it is from my house to my church. I want to make that walk some Sunday morning.

As of this morning I have reached the “75 pounds down” mark. It’s a cool milestone and one that gets me even closer to my goal of 100 pounds lost by Christmas. (It’s the gift I’m giving myself this year but I want it to be a surprise so don’t say anything to me about it, ok?). My lovely wife, has lost 64.

One of the “unfortunate” problems stemming from losing so much weight is that I am temporarily unable to wear my wedding band. My hands have grown so much thinner that my ring is now too big for finger. I almost lost it while swimming in the pool at the gym the other day.

I will probably buy myself an inexpensive band to wear until I reach my goal weight and can get the band Paula gave me adjusted to fit again. But for now my wedding ring is going to be in my top dresser drawer. I may not be wearing it on the outside but I’ll always be wearing it on the inside.

A week from today our family will be traveling to Gatlinburg Tennessee for the wedding of our son, James, and our soon-to-be daughter in law, Brandi. The preparation for the wedding and the visit from my family from Pennsylvania starts today.

The action that “officially” began the wedding season was trying on my black suit to see if I could wear it for the ceremony. Its the same suit I wore the day I married Paula. I hadn’t been able to wear it just a few weeks ago. Much to my pleasure it fit. That’s a great beginning to "Wedding Season" for me.

Finally I wanted to let all my blog readers know that during the next 10 days or so I may not be writing posts as often as I have been. For reasons I’ve already explained, I will be very busy and even out of town from now until October 3. I’ll do my best to keep you up to date with what’s going on as it happens. If I don’t I’ll catch up with you when the family events are over and life around here settles down again.

No comments: