Wednesday, June 14, 2017

RHFactors 2017 Digest #3

Hey there. 
Well it's time once again for a post that's a compilation of some of the things I want to write about but don't warrant a post of their own. 

SAD ABOUT THE CUP
This is my first post since the Stanley Cup Finals game 6 on Monday night. The series didn't end the way I wanted it to. 

The Predators picked the worst time to go into a scoring slump. You can't win without putting the puck in the net. They went 2 games without scoring. 

This was the first time I've had a vested interest in the Preds playoff run. I have to admit it hurt to have it end that way.

Even though he won the playoff MVP trophy the way Sidney Crosby assaulted the Predator's P.K. Suban during game 6 right in front of the official proves to me that he's a dirty player. Nothing's going to change that. 

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the season and all the exciting moments the eventual Western Conference Champions gave me and the rest of their fans all season. 

Their playoff run was about as successful as any 16th seed in a tournament could hope. 

Thanks to:

I am not looking forward to the 17-18 season for the Preds. My wife and a relative of my daughter-in-law have expressed interest in going with me to see a game. I enjoy going to a game solo but it will be fun to share the experience. 

Latest In Lego
This past Saturday night, I posted on Facebook a picture of what my wife and I did during our "at home date night". It was rather unusual, for most couples, but it was fun for us. 
I bought this Lego Ideas release in October of 2015. Finally it has been built and is one of my all time favorites. 

This model has to be seen to be appreciated. Here's a link to my You Tube video demonstrating the best aspects of... 
Lego Ideas WALL*E


Reconsidering "B&B" Remake
Another Disney element in my weekend was watching the live action remake of the animated classic, Beauty & The Beast, on home video. 

Back when we saw it in the theater in March, I didn't like it at all. I didn't like the character designs, especially the enchanted ones in the castle. I felt at the time that the remake wasn't necessary. 

But after watching it a second time I found I enjoyed it a little better. I was still bothered by the same things that I was the first time. Its not the perfect movie, by far. But this time I enjoyed production design and some of the new music. 

 One of the new songs, Evermore, sung by the Beast is an excellent addition. It really gives an insight to the emotions of the creature as he makes the ultimate sacrifice because of love. Here's a link to a video clip of the song. 
"Evermore" from Beauty & The Beast


Although it will never be as popular as the original this remake will have it's place in Disney movie collections.

Over the years it's going to be a nice alternative to those who like the story and want a take different from the animated version.  

Trip Counselor
If you know me at all, you know that my favorite place to go on vacation is Walt Disney World. 

Having been there 3 times in 10 months between December 2015 and September 2016, I will probably not be returning anytime soon. 

However, this week I got to do my second favorite WDW activity outside of Florida. I had the opportunity to help my niece, Teejai plan a trip to Disney coming up in a couple of days. She is going with her friend and her family. This will be her first time in "The World".

I gave them my suggestions for the "must do" stuff, the fun stuff to try and how to stay cool in the heat of Florida. I also offered tips on when to go to which park, how to make the most of their park time, and the best "Fast Pass" strategy.  

I think my best tip to them, given that they are both in their early 20s, is to make sure they spend some time in Disney Springs. 

I've asked them to share their pictures with me through social media. If they do I'll share them with you. 

Coloring Collection
An activity that has become popular over the last few years is coloring books for adults. 

Go into any book store, or retail or hobby supply store and you'll see a display like this. 
My wife is one of the many who have found sitting and coloring to be a way to unwind after a busy day or week. 

While I'm not into relaxing with paper and markers, I color using my "paint" program on my laptop. I have colored pictures that range from my own creations to my favorite Disney characters and park attractions. 

I posted about my "drawings" back in March but I've finished quite a few of them since then. Most of them are "hang on the fidge" type drawings but I think some are pretty cool. Here is a link to my album/gallery on my Facebook page. My Coloring Pages

Has It Been That Long?
Last but not least I want to mention that the day I am writing this post, June 14, 2017 is the 39th anniversary of the day I graduated from high school. 

I was part of Phillipsburg High School's class of 1978. Although I have never been to any of the reunions, I haven't totally lost touch with everyone I graduated with. I am blessed enough to have one of them in my family. a fellow classmate is married to my sister.     

Although it's no longer the official high school the building above will always be P'burg high to me. 

The way I want to honor the memory of my days wandering the hallowed halls of good old PHS is to conclude this post with the alma mater lyrics. 

Our high school you will be forever,
A guiding light that shines for all. 

We'll back you everyone together,
With you will stand, with you will fall. 

Loyal we'll be to you always,
And when our banner waves on high,

We'll send a cheer ringing loud and clear
And be steadfast to P'burg High. 

That's about it for this 3rd edition of the RHF digest. Coming up next time, I'll take you on a tour of my small town. It's been a while so I'll show you some of the changes. Put your walking shoes on and I'll see you next time. 









No comments: